Research and development cooperation, business incubation and high-tech human resource training were three of the themes highlighted at the meeting between leaders of the University of Danang (UD) and Da Nang Hi-Tech Park Management Board, which took place in the morning of May 16, 2017.
Attendees at the meeting were Mr. Phung Tan Viet - Chairman of the Management Board, Mr. Pham Truong Son - Vice Chairman, Mr. Nguyen Xuan Dai - Head of the Planning and Investment Office, Mr. Bui Van Doanh - Head of Investment Support and Promotion Office, Mr. Vo Van Chi - Deputy Head of Applied Research and Technological Development, Technology Incubator, Business Incubator
Representatives from UD, there were Prof.Dr. Tran Van Nam – President, Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Vu – Vice President, leaders of UD’s members.
The meeting aimed to build a strategic cooperation relationship between the Hi-Tech Park Management Board and UD, as well as consider the implementation and promotion of the signed MOU between UD, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis (France) and the Management Board of Hi-Tech Park.
Auto-weld robot system (hi-tech product manufactured by UD and successfully applied at Truong Hai Auto Corporation)
(Source: Department of R&D, UD)
After learning about the strengths and strategic orientation for future development, the two sides exchanged and discussed some contents of cooperation, as follows:
- UD will play a coordinating role in building a network of consultants as well as participating in the policy making process of the development of the Hi-tech Park;
- The two sides jointly carry out the proposal, order, implement the missions of science and technology in the direction of hi-tech application; transfer of innovative technology; form research areas suitable to the development of the Hi-tech Park and the potential of UD;
- Cooperate to develop business incubation activities, especially hi-tech business incubator in the key fields of UD;
- Joint training and development of hi-tech human resources, especially post-graduate training, with an aim to develop the scientific research and human resources to meet the development needs of UD and Hi-tech Park;
- Hi-tech Park will support UD in the recruitment, internship, training job skills for students; collaborate in teaching, provide guest speakers to UD;
- Particularly, UD and Hi-tech Park will seek international cooperation in science and technology through existing partners from developed countries such as France, Japan, USA, UK and Korea to establish training facilities, research and post-graduate training opportunities for cadres and researchers of Hi-tech Park.
Mr.Phung Tan Viet – Chairman of the Management Boardof Hi-tech Park at the meeting
In order to carry out the above activities, delegates attending the meeting proposed cooperation plan and transfer of research between UD and Hi-tech Park. In particular, information connection should be focused, such as website links to support the communications and information promotion of the two sides. With the aim of developing into a research-oriented university by 2020, the cooperation between UD and Hi-tech Park will be an important step towards the realization of UD's goals as well as the development of the scientific technology environment of the city in particular and the whole country in general.
Attendees at the meeting