On December 8th, 2017 the Organization Board of Honda Awards 2017 solemnly held the Honda Y-E-S awards ceremony for the winners at Sheraton Hotel (Hanoi). This year, student Nguyen Dinh Tien, Class 12D1, Faculty of Electrical Engineering - University of Science and Technology - The University of Danang (DUT-UD) was honored to be one of 10 students from Universities of Technology nationwide to win an award.
This was a great award and worth over 100 million VND and included 3,000 USD and a Honda motorcycle. For the past 12 years since the inception of this award, DUT-UD has had 11 honorable winners. Past recipients have gone on to be very successful in their studies and research.
In order to join this competition, students must satisfy the following conditions:
- Students who are Vietnamese citizens and studying at faculties of partner universities (10 universities);
- Students in their two final years of academic program or have just graduated;
- Academic result: achieve 1 of the 4 following conditions:
1. Earned the average mark: 8.00 (on a scale of 10) and 3.2 (on a scale of 4)
2. Received the scientific research award at university-level (from the third prize and above).
3. Won the prize of the National Olympic competition
4. Won the VIFOTECH award
- Age: under 25 years old;
-Actively participate in scientific research and social and/or extracurricular activities.
The selection process is divided into 3 phases: review documents (30%), write an essay (35%) and interview (35%).