In the morning of June 15th, the signing ceremony of cooperation agreement between University of Economics – the University of Danang (DUE) and Vietnam Association of Certified Public Accountants (VACPA) was held at the DUE with the attendance of Pham Sy Danh - Chairman of VACPA, Mr. Vo Hung Tien - Vice Chairman of VACPA, Mr. Tran Khanh Lam - General Secretary of VACPA and members of VACPA Executive Committee. Welcoming the delegation, there were Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Dinh Khoi Nguyen - Vice Rector of the University, heads of faculties, offices, centers and a large number of officials and lecturers.
Speaking at the signing ceremony, representative of DUE said that the VACPA is one of the important partners in providing information, joint training in auditing and other activities. The relationship has been demonstrated through a training agreement between the two sides in the period 2013 - 2018. Continuing the success of the bilateral relationship, DUE was excited to continue the 5-year cooperation agreement with VACPA in the period 2018-2023. This was a new step of cooperation in the audit sector, contributing to the development and improvement of quality and quantity of auditors in Vietnam in general as well as in the Central region in particular.
Assoc. Tran Dinh Khoi Nguyen was excited about the new development of cooperation between DUE and VACPA
Mr. Pham Sy Danh hoped that the two sides will continue to maintain and further develop this good relationship
With the presence of representatives of VACPA, staff, lecturers of DUE, Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Dinh Khoi Nguyen and Mr. Pham Sy Danh signed an extension of the MOU for the period 2018 - 2023. The content of the agreement includes:
- Conducting scientific research in the field of accounting and auditing including issues relating to occupational management policies, professional standards for accounting and auditors, auditing standards and techniques.
- Providing part of the funds for updating practice knowledge for the faculty members.
- Collaborating in academic activities (thematic reports, scientific seminars), strengthening exchanges between practicing auditors and lecturers.
- Organizing professional career day for students, introducing internship opportunities and auditing practice for students at VACPA’s members.
- Developing and exploiting joint training models for practical audit and audit software.
- Assisting students of DUE to approach local auditing firms, providing information on exchange of students between Vietnam and other countries in the region. (According to agreement between VACPA and international professional associations);
- Supporting with the propaganda and promotion of occupations between two organizations: writing and publishing articles in newspapers, magazines, websites ...
- In addition, the two sides will give priority to informing and exchanging views on the possibility of other cooperation opportunities arising outside this area.