On January 15th, 2019, the delegation of Politecnico di Milano (POLIMI), Italy led by Prof. Donatella Sciuto, Vice Rector visited and worked with the University of Danang (UD). Welcoming the delegation were Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Vu – President of UD, senior representatives of International Cooperation Department and lecturers of University of Science and Technology, UD.
At the meeting, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Vu introduced briefly about UD as well as lots of cooperative projects in collaboration with European universities under the framework of Eramus + program. On this occasion, President Nguyen Ngoc Vu gave special thanks to the leadership of POLIMI for their support on receiving UD lecturers to study Ph.D. programs. In particular, President Nguyen Ngoc Vu also expressed his desire to develop the cooperation relationship between the two universities in training and scientific research in the upcoming time.
Prof. Donatella Sciuto - Vice Rector of POLIMI expressed her pleasure to visit and gave thanks for UD’s respectful welcome. Prof. Donatella Sciutoghi highly estimated suggestions of UD and committed to continue promoting the lecturers and students’ exchange programs as well as supporting UD lecturers to study post-graduate training at Polimi.
It is known that Politecnico Milano is a scientific-technological university which trains engineers, architects and industrial designers. The University has always focused on the quality and innovation of its teaching and research, developing a fruitful relationship with business and productive world by means of experimental research and technological transfer. The Politecnico di Milano is the largest technical university in Italy, with about 42,000 students. It offers undergraduate, graduate and higher education courses in engineering, architecture and design. Founded in 1863, it is the oldest university in Milan. The university was ranked the best for Engineering and among the top big universities in Italy in the CENSIS-Republican Italian University rankings for 2014-2015.
Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Ngoc Vu gave a present to Prof. Donatella Sciuto
At the meeting, the two sides discussed and proposed the direction of cooperation in the upcoming time, focusing on:
- Deploy joint research and seek financial support for projects;
- Co-submit the Erasmus KA 107 project;
- Cooperate to implement the Ph.D program on Electrical Engineering (between Polimi and University of Science and Technology - UD);
- Continue to send lecturers to study post graduate program in Italy;
- Establish the technical cooperation between Polimi and University of Technology and Education, UD
Politecnico di Milano is organized in 12 departments:
- Department Of Aerospace Science and Technology
- Department Of Architecture and Urban Studies
- Department Of Architecture, Built Environment and Construction Engineering
- Department Of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering "Giulio Natta"
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Department Of Design
- Department Of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering
- Department Of Energy
- Department Of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering
- Department Of Mathematics Francesco Brioschi
- Department Of Mechanical Engineering
- Department Of Physics
The meeting ended in the sincere atmosphere and opened a lot of opportunities for enhancing the cooperation between the two universities to meet the requirements of Asian – European educational development and integration in the context of industrial revolution 4.0.