In the afternoon of June 10, 2019, the University of Economics – The University of Danang solemnly organized the Scientific Research Student Conference for the academic year of 2018 - 2019. The meeting was attended by the Leaders of the Department of Science & Technology of Da Nang City, Directorate of Da Nang University, Leaders of Science and Technology Department of UD and Managing Department of member universities, School Board, leaders of Faculties, teachers and students.
Speaking at the opening of the conference, Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vo Thi Thuy Anh - Vice Rector of the University emphasized scientific research as a key task in the roadmap to build the University of Economics to become a leading research-oriented University in Vietnam. Therefore, in the past years, the University's scientific research activities have continuously developed and achieved many outstanding achievements, especially scientific research activities of students. In 2018, students of the University of Economics won high achievements in prestigious scientific research awards such as: 01 Second Prize of the Faculty of Finance - National Student Research Award of the Ministry of Education and Training in 2018; Second Prize of Marketing Department - Euréka Student Science Research Award in 2018, Second Prize of the Department of Informatics Statistics - Student Scientific Research Award of Da Nang City. The school hopes that through scientific research contests students would have the opportunity to gain experience, learn scientific thinking methods, solve problems, conduct scientific reports, as well as presenting scientific results and ideas. From the knowledge and research results achieved, students will develop and expand more research topics, then apply to practice in professional work as well as to serve other purposes in the future.
Assoc.Prof Vo Thi Thuy Anh gave a speech opening the Student Scientific Conference
Assoc.Prof Le Quang Son - Vice President of Danang University and Assoc.Prof Vo Thi Thuy Anh presented fresh bouquets to the 5-Committee Chairmen
The school year of 2018 - 2019 witnessed the flourishing of research topics from Scientific Research Conference, especially the group of research topics. Specifically, there have been 310 works of faculty level (including 90 major topics and 220 projects of high quality program), 3 times higher than the number of topics in Scientific Research Conference last year. On the basis of selection from the scientific Research conference, 20 outstanding topics were nominated to attend the school-level scientific research conference for the 2018 - 2019 school year.
At the conference of scientific research students in the school year of 2018 - 2019, the Organizing Committee established 5 Subcommittees to evaluate scientific research projects in the fields of: Accounting - Auditing - Finance (under the high Quality program), Marketing - Tourism - E-Commerce (CLC), Finance - Banking, Economics & Business Administration, International Business - Statistics - Informatics - Law. Most students know how to apply the knowledge they have learned in practice, keep abreast of practical life and have many creative and effective use of research methods. This is seen as a success of student research activities this year. The topics presented at the Conference are coherent, clear, confident students answer critical questions from the Council. The teachers also evaluated the topic in a fair and objective way, and also gave advice to improve the quality and effectiveness of the topic.
From the score of the Scientific Council, the Organizing Committee honored 5 projects with the first prize, 5 projects with the second prize and 5 projects with the third prize. Also at the closing ceremony, the Alumni Association of the University of Economics also awarded 5 scholarships to encourage the spirit of passion for scientific research of the University students.
Congratulations to the projects that won the first prize at the Scientific Research Conference of the University of Economics in the academic year 2018 - 2019
5 topics Second prize was honored
The organizers awarded the third prize to the authors' representatives
The Scientific Research Conference of Students for the 2018 - 2019 school year of the University of Economics – the University of Danang took place successfully with the enthusiastic response and participation of teachers and students. The conference is an annual event in the scientific research activities of the University, as well as a playground to stimulate creativity, help students get acquainted with the research, find new knowledge and apply them in practice in professional work.
First prize list:
1. Group of students Do Phan Khanh Huyen, Tran Thi Nguyen Thao, topic "The impact of gender diversity on firm's risk and firm performance: Evidence of listed firms in Vietnam" - Teacher: Assoc.Prof Vo Thi Thuy Anh
2. Tran Thanh Toan, "Stock price performance and value creation in Vietnam M&A market: A market efficiency perspective" - Teacher: Dr. Dang Huu Man
3. Group of students Tran Phuong Thao, Nguyen Ngoc An Nguyen, Nguyen Thi Nhu Quynh, topic "Understanding the links between motivation and satisfaction towards a heritage destination: The role of visitor engagement, visitor experience and heritage destination image" - Teacher: Dr. Su Ngoc Diep
4. Lam Thuy Ngoc, the topic "Study the motive of applying the quality management system ISO 9001 - The case of enterprises in Da Nang" - Doctor: Dr. Nguyen Thi Bich Thuy
5. Group of students Tran Thi Chau Giang, Truong Dinh Hoang, Ngo Trieu Long, Nguyen Manh Dan, Nguyen An Phu, the topic "Deep Learning research and application in synthesizing e-customer comments: The case of problem hotel service "- Teacher: MSc. Nguyen Thanh Thuy
List of Second Prize:
1. Group of students Nguyen Phan Minh Hoa, Tran Bich Hiep, Nguyen Thi Thien Nga, Hoang Le Thanh Thuy, Do Thi Thu Hien, topic "Integrated Reporting by Listed Firms in Vietnam" - Teacher: Dr. Nguyen Huu Cuong
2. Le An Khuong, "Corporate governance and Profitability of Vietnamese Commercial banks" topic, GVHD: MSc. Vo Hoang Diem Trinh
3. Group of students Nguyen Le Thanh Nhat, Huynh Tieu Ha, Tran Thi Phuong Tra, Le Nhu Quynh, Tran Ho Bao Tran, topic "Influence of celebrity-related social media content purchase intention: Moderation by emotion" - Teacher : MSc. Truong Dinh Quoc Bao
4. Student group Vo Nu Khiet, Le Thi Kim Vy, the topic "The impact of tourism development on the quality of life of people in Da Nang city", Teacher: Dr. Le Dan
5. Student group Huynh Thi Le My, Nguyen Thi Thu Thuy, the topic "Prevention of tax losses for online business activities - Practice in Da Nang", Teacher: MSc. Le Dinh Quang Phuc
List of Third Prize:
1. Student group Le Thi Diem Nguyen, Dang Thi Dung, Tran Thi Bao Tram, To Thi Thanh Tuyen, Le Thi Yen, topic "Effect of geographical position between customers and auditing companies on timeliness of audit report "- Teacher: MSc. Nguyen Thi Thanh Huyen
2. Vo Thi My Hanh, the topic "The impact of public debt on investment of companies in ASEAN countries", Teacher: Dr. Nguyen Thanh Dat
3. Student group Tran Thi Phuong Man, Le Thi Thanh Van, Nguyen Thi Nhu Thuy, Tran Thi Yen, Nguyen Thi Ngoc Anh, topic "Determinants of Consumer's continuation intention to contribute online reviews in E-commerce applications", Teacher: MSc. Tran Danh Nhan
4. Group of students Tran Thi Phuong, Vi Thi Minh Chau, Nguyen Ho Linh Chi, Trinh Phuong Linh, topic "Completing land valuation in Ngu Hanh Son district, Da Nang city", Teacher: MSc . Dang Hong Dan
5. Tran Thi Kim Cuc, Nguyen Ha Linh, Pham Thi Bao Ngan, Nguyen Thi Them, Pham Thi Song Thu, the topic "Study of rules of origin related to Vietnam's main textile and garment export markets ", Teacher: MSc. Do Minh Son.