On the morning of October 26, University of Economics (DUE-UD) held a Conference of delegates of cadres, civil servants and officials in 2019. Attending the conference was the presence of Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Ngoc Vu - President of the University of Danang (UD) and senior representatives of socio-political organizations, offices, functional departments of the University of Danang. On the side of University of Economics, there were leaders of the School Board, the President of the Trade Union, representatives of Faculties and Centers of DUE-UD and officials and employees of DUE-UD.
At the conference, Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Manh Toan - Rector of DUE-UD presented the summarized report for the 2018-2019 school year and the working program for the 2019-2020 school year. It is the basis for training, researching, consulting and transferring scientific applications. In the Central - Highlands region, during the last school year, DUE-UD has taken its advantages, overcome difficulties to promote, improve the quality of training and expand the scope of scientific research, international cooperation, meeting regional educational quality standards, contributing to empowering the university's position and image in the international arena.
Assoc.Prof. Nguyen Manh Toan summarized the school year 2018 - 2019
For admission process:
- In the enrollment round in 2019, DUE-UD has recruited more than 3,000 full-time students with excellent performances in their entrance examination.
- Regarding graduate enrollment: During the year, DUE-UD has recruited 511 master students and 3 graduate students.
For the training:
- The university's training scale is stable with more than 14,000 students, trainees and graduate students. Regarding the development of training programs and opening of training majors, at the university level, DUE-UD has opened a new branch of E-commerce training, at the master level, the training program of the Master of Economic Statistics has also been built by the school and starts taking admission from the 2019-2020 school year.
- The school has also developed a joint training program with Cardiff Metropolitan University for 4 training majors and has enrolled the first course.
Activities of guaranteeing and accrediting education quality:
- The school has implemented self-evaluation activity plan according to the AUN-QA training program for 5 programs: Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing, International Business and Auditing. The results of both the programs of Business Administration and Accounting have been recognized as AUN quality standards, with the next fields expected to be announced in 2020.
Scientific & technological activities
- The University has organized many prestigious international and national scientific conferences, created more TRT groups and maintained Reading Group activities.
- Periodically checking the progress and implementation of S&T projects at all levels; continue to promote research and consultancy activities for localities.
- The number of international publications in prestigious scientific journals, on the list of ISI and Scopus of the University has increased with a total of 32 articles.
International cooperation activities:
- Signing of memorandums of understanding and cooperation agreements with major universities across the globe; conduct student reception and exchange as well as transfer students abroad.
- Organize external seminar / workshops on research and teaching methods organized with the support and participation of foreign partners.
- Signing and implementing VIBE project funded by Irish Aid Fund of the Irish Government with a total amount of up to 140,000 Euro to develop entrepreneurial ecosystem in the student community of University of Economics and Universities study in the area.
Business cooperation activities:
- For specific training programs such as tourism management - travel and hotel management, the group of industries in the field of information technology The University has signed a cooperation agreement with 60 local businesses, city and Central region and more than 100 experts in the above fields.
- The school continues to coordinate with the Department of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs to organize a job festival for students and workers. This Job Fair has attracted 80 businesses in the area to participate in the recruitment. 477 students of DUE-UD were recruited in this batch.
Besides, DUE-UD also focuses on strengthening the conditions to ensure the quality of education, taking care of the lives of officials and employees; promote the union work, create forums for officials, officials and employees to contribute to the overall development of the University.
The conference listened to Assoc. Prof. Tran Dinh Khoi Nguyen – DUE-UD’s Vice Rector reported financial status for the past 5 years
PhD Nguyen Thi Bich Thu - School Trade Union President summarized the opinions of the Conference of cadres, civil servants and officials
Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Anh presented the activities of Inspection Board in the school year 2018 – 2019
Attending and speaking at the Conference, Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Ngoc Vu – President of the University of Danang highly acknowledged the achievements of the University of Economics in the past academic year. The Presidential board of the University of Danang highly appreciated that DUE-UD has built strong organizations to ensure governance; facilities have been invested very nicely for teaching and learning, contributing to changing the face of the school in the past school year. Especially, DUE-UD has successfully implemented the training quality accreditation according to AUN-QA standards for the first 5 majors and believes that more AUN-QA standards will be available in the near future. Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Ngoc Vu also suggested that the school's leadership team continue to direct well, strive to successfully complete the tasks in the school year 2019 - 2020, which emphasizes further strengthening the publication and scientific research on magazines as well as participating in bidding for national scientific topics; continue to improve the material and spiritual life for workers and build a unified and democratic solidarity in the collective of cadres, officials and employees.
The President of the University Nguyen Ngoc Vu highly appreciated the results of DUE-UD in the academic year 2018 – 2019
School leaders signed the emulation covenant for the new school year
Also at the conference, the Presidium received and explained a number of comments from the Conference of delegates of cadres, civil servants and officials. Rector of DUE-UD directly answered questions and recommendations related to the adjustment of working hours of Offices, Centers, traffic flow during peak hours, parking location for staff, lecturers as well as adjusting the unit price of lecture hours appropriately ... In order to realize the determination to fulfill the targets, the Board of Management representatives signed the emulation contract for the academic year 2019 - 2020.
The conference listened to many comments and suggestions from the delegates
Dr. Ha Phuoc Vu reported through the draft resolution of the Conference
At the end of the session, the delegates voted together on the targets and passed the Conference Resolution. The Rector of DUE-UD launched the emulation movement, calling on all DUE-UD’s staff to promote their solidarity and strive to successfully accomplish the goals set out in the new school year. With the spirit of democracy and high consensus, the Conference of Cadres, Civil Servants and Officials in the school year of 2019 took place successfully. The conference ended at 11:30 am on the same day.