Application and Admission procedures for international students:
The application form for international applicants to study in Vietnam (download here);
- Copies and translation of degrees, diplomas and academic transcripts applicable for relevant levels of proposed study, duly notarized or certified by competent authorities of the sending country;
- Medical examination certificate issued within 6 months from the date of application by competent health authorities of the sending country or by Vietnamese central, municipal or provincial medical bodies, clearly stating that the applicant is healthy and fit for overseas study;
- Duly certified copies of Vietnamese Proficiency Certificates issued by competent educational institutions or internationally recognized certificate of the foreign language to be used for study in Vietnam (if any);
- Copies of financial guarantee to support study, research and living in Vietnam;
- Duly certified copies of documents and certificates about the applicant’s aptitude, expertise, research achievements (if any);
- Copy of passport with a validity of the expected duration of study in Vietnam or at least 1 year from the expected arrival in Vietnam;
In order to be eligible, international students must satisfy academic qualification:
For Bachelor’s degree: International students must have a degree of high school or equivalent. For talented programs, international students must satisfy requirements on talented subjects. For other typical programs, international students must finish one preparatory course (maximum time of one year).
For Master’s degree: International students must have a relevant bachelor’s degree for the registered Master’s course.
For Doctoral degree: International students must satisfy one of the two conditions as follows:
- International students must have a relevant master’s degree with relevant program for the registered Doctoral course.
- International students must have a relevant bachelor’s degree for the registered
a/ International students must have Vietnamese proficiency (if pursuing a training program in Vietnamese) or English proficiency (if pursuing a training program in
English) that satisfies the requirements of studying and doing research of the training programs in Vietnam in such language:
b/ International students must take a test for Vietnamese proficiency (if pursuing a training program in Vietnamese) or a test for English proficiency (if pursuing a
training program in English) before any admission at UD. International students who are not qualified will participate in an advanced Vietnamese class (or English class) at UD.
c/ International students are exempt from the Vietnamese proficiency test if they:
+ Received a bachelor’s degrees in major of Vietnamese from abroad, or graduated from a Vietnamese preparatory classes at a campus recognized by UD in Vietnam.
+ Graduated from high schools or colleges taught in Vietnamese.
d/ International students are exempt from the English proficiency test if they:
+ Are citizens of countries using English as the official language
+ Graduated from high schools or colleges taught in English;
+ Received the following certificates of English proficiency: 500 on PBT TOEFL, over 5.5 on IELTS or equivalent scores for students enrolling in Natural Sciences,Technology, or Medicine, 550 on PBT TOEFL, over 6.0 on IELTS or equivalent scores for students enrolling in Humanities and Social Sciences, Economics, Law, or Art.